CSA Stands for Community Supported Agriculture.
When you become a member of a specific farm's CSA program, you are purchasing a “share” of vegetables from that farmer. It allows you to have direct access to high quality, fresh produce grown locally. Both the farmer and their members share the risks and rewards of food production.
How do you know if a CSA is for you?
- Eating fresh and local is important to you - supporting small local farms
- You want to know where your food comes from, the farming practices used to raise the crops, and the miles your vegetables travel.
- You understand that eating seasonally means that not every type of vegetable is available each week; spring and fall brings lettuces, beets and carrots; summer brings tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant and cantaloupe.
- You know that farm raised vegetables doesn’t look like it has been raised in a laboratory; real vegetables are healthy, natural, and sometimes not perfect.
- You want to visit the farm, experience life on that farm, and help your children learn how their food is grown.
So why choose us?
- Our farm is in Decatur, TN - your food travels 50 miles or less!
- We practice sustainable farming and organic methods of pest control
- We plant only NON-GMO and heirloom varieties
- We have been growing vegetables and selling at farmer’s markets for 7 years and have successfully run our CSA for 8 seasons
- We have an open door policy – you may visit our farm
- We love the interaction we have with our CSA members. You become part of our farm family, and thru weekly emails, get inside info on happenings
2019 Summer CSA - May until middle September
20 weeks of fresh seasonal produce
Full share: $450.00 - pay in full or pay it off
Terms - $250.00 deposit required upon signing up
$100.00 x 2 more payments once pick ups start
Half share: $250.00 - no payments terms
Same 20 week period, pick ups every other week (10 total CSA boxes)
2019 Fall CSA
At this time, we are not offering a 2019 Fall CSA.
We will still be at the Saturday farmer's market, or you may drive out to the farm for your fresh veggie fix.
Pick up points:
Wednesdays - Volkswagen manufacturing plant, Chattanooga 3-6 pm
Saturdays - Brainerd Farmer's Market @ Grace Episcopal Church 10 - 12 noon
On farm Wednesday mornings 10-12 noon
We also accept work share members.
If your schedule allows it, why not try this?! Instead of paying for your membership, come work for it. Four hours once a week, is all we need in return for your share of the morning's fresh harvest
Our teams work on Wednesday or Friday mornings 8:30 - 12:30
You will learn to start seedlings, transplant, harvest and maintain crops. We are family friendly, so if you home school, or have young children, they may come along.
Please contact us if you are interested in more information or would like to sign up for one of our memberships.
We do not have an online web store set up for our website. Applications and invoices are sent manually by emailing us. All emails are usually answered within 24 hours.